Friday, March 30, 2012

The Future of Books?

I don't know where I got this, it originated on some other blog I think. If you identify it, please let me know. Nine authors were asked "In three words, what is the future of books?"

Old-fashioned souvenir editions ~ Seth Godin
EBOOKS ~ J.A. Konrath
Authors in control ~ Mark Coken
The Reader is ~ Barry Eisler
Story not Format ~ Dan Blank
More Diversity, Faster ~ Guy L. Gonzalez
Beyond the Page ~ Jane Friedman
Refuge from Social ~ Porter Anderson
Reader commissioned stories ~ Matt Gartland

1 comment:

Josin L. McQuein said...

Of all the answers provided, I think Mr. Eisler has his sights set on the right thing. "The Reader is."

To which I'd add "So's the writer."

The future of books will be like the history of books - Books are the intersection of the writer and the reader, where one's thought becomes another's dream or one's dreams fill another's thoughts.